Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hi,

This will be a blog just for writing because I feel like I don't write that often anymore, and any writing is good practice.


I thought I'd start things off by talking about some of the things I've been enjoying lately. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos (you know, with finals coming up and all), and a big trend is "favorite videos." Basically, the Youtuber will talk about all their favorite things from the previous month (usually beauty stuff but occasionally it'll be anything they fancied), and you'd think it'd be kind of weird but it's unusually enjoyable to watch because sometimes you'll be introduced to something really cool. Since I'm not that great/comfortable with being in front of a camera, I thought I'd do this same thing, but in blog form. ^_^

1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)

I've had this game for a long time, so it's nothing new, but it's sooooo goooooood. I'm a huge Nintendo nerd, and animal crossing, in my opinion, is one of Nintendo's best! I've played both the GameCube version and the DS version, and the new 3DS version has not let me down. Sometimes Animal Crossing can get a little monotonous so the addition of mayor-hood was a great way to spice things up a bit. I'll play this game hard-core for a couple weeks and then set it down and pick it back up later and start hard-core once again. Of course, the villagers are a little upset with me every time I decide to banana split for a while, but hey, is it just me or do they seem a little nicer about it now than they did in previous versions?! Could just be me, though…. (Also, you are talking to the Queen of Weed-Pulling. Just saying.)

2. Bioshock Infinite (PS3)

So, for some reason my first two favorites are video games. ^_^ I'm actually a newbie/terrible at first-person shooters, so getting this game was a stretch for me but I AM SO GLAD I DID. At first, I was really terrible at the controls/shooting in general but, hey, I picked it up pretty quick if I do say so myself (heh heh, although my boyfriend might disagree). I think the gameplay is super fun and the art is incredible. I still haven't finished it yet because I've been busy with school (and Netflix, let's be honest), but so far it's a pretty dang good game.

3. PewDiePie

I'm starting to think that this Favorites was a bad idea because it will be revealed to the world how terribly dorky I really am… (Yeah, Katie, cuz it was such a secret), but anyway, my third favorites is the YouTuber Pewdiepie! Once again, this favorites is game-related because Pewdiepie films himself playing all kinds of video games (quite hilariously). Some people might find his humor "inappropriate," I suppose, but I absolutely adore it! I'm not even that big of a gamer, but I uber enjoy his videos (and obviously so do a lot of other people because he's the number one most subscribed to person on Youtube.) He is a much watch. Warning: do not watch super loud in the morning. You might wake up your neighbors with his screams.

4. Princess Jellyfish

Now manga time! (Yeah, the dorkiness just gets worse and worse.) My friend Angela had me watch the anime Princess Jellyfish on Netflix and for some reason I just couldn't stop watching. I don't even know why! It's a pretty classic comedy/shojo anime but there is just something charming about it that I can't quite put my finger on. I'm currently reading through the manga right now and it's just so good! ;_; Gah, I can't take it!

Well, four isn't very many, but it'll have to do for now. (I'm supposed to be studying after all…….) I'll probably do more favorites in the future plus anything else I feel like doing. : D


Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment